Bennetts Insurance
Yam-XT.com Forum Index
Yam-XT.com
Yamaha XT660 Forum

AlbumAlbum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems logging in? Send an Email to Admin@Yam-XT.com stating your username and any error message that you get. Thanks

Preload adjustments for luggage?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yam-XT.com Forum Index -> Products and reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Preload adjustments for luggage? Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering what adjustment you guys make to the preload on the rear shock when caryying luggage? I'm thinking more specifically about the guys who use topboxes on their XTs?

Any feedback much appreciated!

Cheers
Mool
Lady P
Likes It Pink
Likes It Pink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello mool, when I went to France with my tail pack and top box (which I might add were full to the brim) not with make up either before any of you say anything. I never changed my suspension at all. Remember if you have a pillion you very rarely change the suspension (well I dont) so I felt there was no need for the luggage......

Oh was this wrong? The bike never struggled or wained at any point and it was a very comfortable ride.....

Manami Akimoto
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lady P Very Happy Very Happy Thats the answer i was looking for!! The XT is already fully loaded in full touring gear ready for the Lake District and changing the preload setting now would be a bit of a pain to say the least!

Give us a wave if any of you guys see me battling my way north tonight Very Happy Cool

Cheers
Mool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yam-XT.com Forum Index -> Products and reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: