Bennetts Insurance
Yam-XT.com Forum Index
Yam-XT.com
Yamaha XT660 Forum

AlbumAlbum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems logging in? Send an Email to Admin@Yam-XT.com stating your username and any error message that you get. Thanks

Slime

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yam-XT.com Forum Index -> Products and reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Slime Reply with quote

On monday on my way home from work and I noticed the back tyre was a quite a bit flat. I managed to blow the tyre up at a petrol station, it seams a bit of a struggle to blow the rear tyre up. I carried on riding my bike home and the tyre went soft again. I pulled in to a car tyre fitters and they said they cant fix bike tyres. There was slime all over the rear tyre, wheel and rear mudguard. I blew the tyre up with there and slime was leaking out round the valve and spokes, I got 40psi into the rear tyre and got home OK. I took the wheel off and my father in law took the wheel for a new tube the next day and it was still inflated. The inner tube had a rip in it near the valve but the slime manage to seal every spoke and round the valve. In the passed six months I have pulled two 2inch nails out of the rear tyre and not lost one bit of air out of the tyre. I would have had lots of long walks home with my bike if i was not for slime.
Lady P
Likes It Pink
Likes It Pink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady p goes to get a bottle of slime......As much as people hate the stuff I think it does what it says on the bottle and I rate it....

Well done for getting home and thank you for telling us your woes......

Manami Akimoto
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
diberdee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 22:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok then,

What is this Slime stuff? Confused
biggus
Forum Nerd
Forum Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 22:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diberdee wrote:
What is this Slime stuff? Confused

I'm guessing it's Ultraseal??

http://www.ultraseal.biz

Had it put in tyres in the past and it's never worked for me...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 16:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like ultraseal but bright green and is only 5.99 a bottle from my local bike shop.
It's ideal for bike with tubes, it's not suitable for fast road bikes and they have tubless tyres and there other ways of fixing of fixing tubless tyres.
I just posted my little story on how good slime is, I've had no problems with handling.
I have just put a bottle into my new tube even though it took a hour with WD40 and a rag to clean the slime off the frame.
Tassos
PW-50 Rider
PW-50 Rider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 13:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also used this stuff (or a similar one at least) in tubeless tires (on my old AX-1) and I can assure you it can fix small punctures also in tubeless tires.

I had a nail in my rear tire, I removed it and used this stuff to reinflate the tire, and it lasted for a month until it started leaking again and I had the tire properly fixed in a tire shop.
Parker
YZ-250 Rider
YZ-250 Rider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i had a ZX7r i got a 4 inch nail in the rear and being a tight git i pulled the nail out filled the tyre with slime and re inflated it did the job, only supposed to do slow speeds with it though so i tried it to 130mph and it never came out and lasted for about a month.
But i was told but a very good mechanic not to put it in my ZX12r or any other sports bike as it runs round the tyre and causes balancing problems. But it can get you out of the shit if needed.
I carry a puncture kit in the back of the Sp1 now or just call the breakdown.

www.lasoumaille.me.uk

www.pborobikers.com
Thumper
Spam Queen
Spam Queen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have a puncture I want to know about it, not continue down the road at XXX speed and have a blow out.

I carry a puncture repair kit, expensive at 50 but its the professional one with rubber plugs and air cannisters, never used but I know it will be very good if I should ever need it to get me home.

I have somehow never actually had a puncture ... ever. If I ever do then I would personally replace the tyre anyway, I wouldnt want to ride around on an "imperfected" tyre, its whats keeping you on the road and if its not 100% I dont want it on my bike.
nobby
YZ-250 Rider
YZ-250 Rider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good puncture repair kit is invaluble,but , the type you are talking about(Thump's)is only good for tubeless tyre's(can be used to repair hole in tubed tyre's)Motul sell a repair foam that you spray into the tyre after the fact,it also inflates the tyre.I also feel sorry for you Thump's,to admit to never having a flat because you know what will happen now LOL Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yam-XT.com Forum Index -> Products and reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: