Bennetts Insurance
Yam-XT.com Forum Index
Yam-XT.com
Yamaha XT660 Forum

AlbumAlbum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems logging in? Send an Email to Admin@Yam-XT.com stating your username and any error message that you get. Thanks

Hard luggage options - help needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yam-XT.com Forum Index -> Products and reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt_not_andrew
XT-125 Rider
XT-125 Rider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 13:58 pm    Post subject: Hard luggage options - help needed Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I need to get some opinions on hard luggage for the XT.

At the moment I'm using a Givi topbox (52l) with Givi top plate and some soft throwovers to get all my kit to work. In 2 weeks I'm going to be needing something a little bit more secure to stash my kit and need some hard panniers.

The options available are either Givi side rack and boxes (E42) costing 370 for the complete set or something that looks a bit more rugged like Touratech, Off the Road or SW Motech - all to cost about 100 or so more than the Givi stuff.

Can anyone give me there opinions on any of the above products?

Thanks in advance

Matt
Lady P
Likes It Pink
Likes It Pink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 14:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I would go for the Givi, its got a better resale value to it if you come to sell it and also it can fit to any bike where as the touratech stuff usually only looks good on s/moto type bikes.... Thats just my opinion...

Manami Akimoto
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
matt_not_andrew
XT-125 Rider
XT-125 Rider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 14:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply Lady P - the only reason I liked the look of the aluminium stuff is that you can strap things to the lids but then I live in the UK and I'm not likely to follow Charley and Ewan across the world.

Was just looking online and found the Kappa range - apparently an offshoot company by Mr Givi's daughter. They have the exact same racks and very similar boxes. The racks cost about the same but the K40 box costs 225 and the Givi E41 costs 279. Only difference is the Givi can open at the top as well as wide open but thats 50 difference!!!

I think the Givi will have to be the option, and being black it will match my bike (which, lets face it, is the most important thing Very Happy )

Will come back with prices soon, but please keep the ideas and advice coming.

Matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yam-XT.com Forum Index -> Products and reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: