Bennetts Insurance
Yam-XT.com Forum Index
Yam-XT.com
Yamaha XT660 Forum

AlbumAlbum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems logging in? Send an Email to Admin@Yam-XT.com stating your username and any error message that you get. Thanks

Scottoiler

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yam-XT.com Forum Index -> Products and reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miczat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 20:13 pm    Post subject: Scottoiler Reply with quote

G'day,

I'm considering getting a Scottoiler.

Anyhow if you have one, I have a few questions:

What kit did you get? The Scottoiler site has a few - universal, touring, magnum, dual injector (http://www.scottoiler.co.uk/solutions.asp)
Where on the bike did you mount the bottle?
How many kms (or miles) do you get out of a bottle of oil?
Is it a straighforward exercise or a pain in the butt you'll regret forever?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards
Mic.
matt_not_andrew
XT-125 Rider
XT-125 Rider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 21:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I looked at fitting a Scotoiler when I got my bike but decided to wait till I replace the chain and sprockets later (funds were limited and I needed MX boots and stuff for taking the bike offroad! Much more important at the time Very Happy )

First you need to let us know what bike you have. The R version has a rear sprocket with a rubber ring just inside the sprocket teeth which may prevent the oil from getting to the chain properly! As far as I can tell, the X version does not have this rubber (it's there to reduce vibration or something)

I spoke to the guys at Scotoiler in Scotland at the time and they said they have fitted one to the X version and there is a PDF file somewhere on there site showing how to fit it and where. You could also look at drilling a small pilot hole over the front sprocket and running the oil there - I know some guys do this on other bikes with good results.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yam-XT.com Forum Index -> Products and reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: