Bennetts Insurance
Yam-XT.com Forum Index
Yam-XT.com
Yamaha XT660 Forum

AlbumAlbum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems logging in? Send an Email to Admin@Yam-XT.com stating your username and any error message that you get. Thanks

Dyno bhp result

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TOMT-03

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 22:06 pm    Post subject: Dyno bhp result Reply with quote

Hey there, i was wandering what bhp output is a result of akrapovic exhausts and a k&n air filter and a power commander with a specified map to suit, i know i own an mt-03 but the engines are identical to the xt660's, ive got a pair of akro's on order and already have a k&n installed, but im interested as to what bhp i will get from this.

cheers

Tom
Fran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On an XT, you can get anything between 49 to 51.3 however these figures were achieved by people that fitted a Power Commander and a DNA Stage 2 filter, which to my knowledge (this filter) is not availble for the MT-03.

The pipes alone will give you a couple of hp more, but changing your existing filter for a k&n will not give you any increase in power output, the only beneifit is that you can use that filter for a lifetime as it is washable and can be regenerated by spraying it with the K&N oil kit.
Parker
YZ-250 Rider
YZ-250 Rider

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 20:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they quoted the MT03 as having 65 bhp when it was released but have never heard of any real figures from the dyno.

www.lasoumaille.me.uk

www.pborobikers.com
Fran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 15:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parker wrote:
I think they quoted the MT03 as having 65 bhp when it was released but have never heard of any real figures from the dyno.

I would be amazed if the MT-03 had that much power I had one for 2 weeks as a loan bike, and it wouldn't go faster than 95mph, it did feel a bit quicker at the lights but that might be because it has a larger rear sprocket, but from the comparison below from the Yamaha website shows no indication of HP only torque and it doesn't seem to be different from the other models with the same engine

http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/products/motorcycles/motorcycle_comparison_details.jsp?model=tcm%3A26-203809&model=tcm%3A26-203829&model=tcm%3A26-206817&model=tcm%3A26-203757
FostersMonster
XT-125 Rider
XT-125 Rider

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 22:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its around about 45-48bhp just had a search about but deffo not over 50bhp
Parker
YZ-250 Rider
YZ-250 Rider

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only going by what the yamaha spec sheet that was stuck to the headlight of one in the showroom said. At the end of the day its like the Xt just too god damn slow.....

www.lasoumaille.me.uk

www.pborobikers.com
Fran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 14:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parker wrote:
Only going by what the yamaha spec sheet that was stuck to the headlight of one in the showroom said. At the end of the day its like the Xt just too god damn slow.....

Well Supermoto's and Enduro's were never designed to break the world speed limit, they are not sport bikes are they Ben? Laughing

Rolling Eyes
FostersMonster
XT-125 Rider
XT-125 Rider

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 15:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xt's plenty fast enough for me!

but i'm not one to wanna do 150mph in a straight line everywhere
TOMT-03

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 22:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the MT and XT may not be world record breakers in a straight line, but id like to see a 600 sportsbike beat a well ridden MT-03 in the twisties, as im yet to see it happen! although ive reached 107mph on mine, on private of cooourrse it is a slightly underpowered engine, but in an exquisite chassis, quite possibly one of the best handling bikes you can buy!Thanks for the responses by the way!

Cheers

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yam-XT.com Forum Index -> Mechanical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: