Bennetts Insurance
Yam-XT.com Forum Index
Yam-XT.com
Yamaha XT660 Forum

AlbumAlbum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems logging in? Send an Email to Admin@Yam-XT.com stating your username and any error message that you get. Thanks

Front rims look bad due to brake dust?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BertG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Front rims look bad due to brake dust? Reply with quote

Does anybody have the same problem?
Both rims are looking bad due to brake dust that has burned through the anodized surface?
In just one year both rims ande spokes are being replaced by my dealer (for free Embarassed Very Happy )

Also the head-bearring(s?) is gone, and is being replaced under the same conditions. I never make wheelies, only drive onroad to work and back...
Lady P
Likes It Pink
Likes It Pink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry cant say I have ever heard of it, luckily you are getting them sorted under warrenty, you ought to speak to your dealer and find out if these will be covered when your warrenty expires as you have already had trouble with them as if they are not covered it could become expensive.....

Manami Akimoto
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lady P
Likes It Pink
Likes It Pink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 17:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looked at mine... (had some links taken out of the chain so I could get into the garage. Mine has black wheels too but I have not tried to wash them yet, will let you know what I find when washed..... Razz

Manami Akimoto
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BertG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 17:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well problem was...mine weren't black but silver. Crying or Very sad
Anyway, they said it had to do with the brakepads too, and I didn't watch the bill to good, but they changed the brakepads too. Only thing: on my costs Confused Confused (after 6400 km) they weren't even half way down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yam-XT.com Forum Index -> Braking All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: