Bennetts Insurance
Yam-XT.com Forum Index
Yam-XT.com
Yamaha XT660 Forum

AlbumAlbum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems logging in? Send an Email to Admin@Yam-XT.com stating your username and any error message that you get. Thanks

Yamaha Safety recall on XTX/R

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davros
PW-50 Rider
PW-50 Rider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 18:36 pm    Post subject: Yamaha Safety recall on XTX/R Reply with quote

Hi all
I Just popped into my local Yam dealer today and was told there is a safety recall on the XTX/R .They checked my frame number and i have to have a replacement part. The part concerned is the Throttle response sensor which has caused bikes to stall.So expect a letter from Mr Yamaha or go to your nearest dealer to get it checked out.
check out the link for more info.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?page=motorcyclenews.articles.articleCategory.article&resourceId=5803394&articleCategory=NEWS_NEW-BIKES
davros
PW-50 Rider
PW-50 Rider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 23:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all
Having just had the throttle postion sensor replaced under the recall i can say it has made a big difference .the odd stuttering the bike made now and again (which almost court me out on a corner) which i thought must be a fueling/ecu issue has now gone.the bike accelerates smoother and cleaner,yah happy bunny!.
xtfreak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: matter Reply with quote

hi er, please tell me i have this problem when i change down through the gears on approuch to roundabouts. it can be abit tricky bumpin it half way round a roundabout as you can imagine,, but im the 2nd owner on an 04xtx does this matter or can i still get it sorted by yamaha dealer. thanks for any replys
Lady P
Likes It Pink
Likes It Pink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That its the joy of a single, you have to make sure you are in the right gear on the roundabout otherwise as you say it can be jumpy. Unfortnatly the only thing that seems to help is a power commander and to put it on the rolling road, I was lucky and had a firestorm before my XT so I am used to the gears and the jumping, it does take some getting used to but once you have it its really easy to stop the jumping....

Manami Akimoto
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xtfreak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 23:45 pm    Post subject: thanks for that Reply with quote

thanks for the advice lady p. Shall find out about the rolling round thingymebob, Ive noticed not everyone has filled in the location part when registering, do you no anyone localish to me. eesex. thanks again.
xtfreak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: oh well Reply with quote

ill take that as a no then!
Parker
YZ-250 Rider
YZ-250 Rider

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scroll thorugh the members list as most people have their location next to their name.

www.lasoumaille.me.uk

www.pborobikers.com
Lady P
Likes It Pink
Likes It Pink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have asked memebers to put their location next to their name but unfortunatly not eveyone wants to put it. I am in Peterborough which is close ish to you but I am sure there are a few members alot closer.

Manami Akimoto
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FostersMonster
XT-125 Rider
XT-125 Rider

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: thanks for that Reply with quote

xtfreak wrote:
thanks for the advice lady p. Shall find out about the rolling round thingymebob, Ive noticed not everyone has filled in the location part when registering, do you no anyone localish to me. eesex. thanks again.

Whereabouts are you in Essex?
xtfreak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 0:12 am    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

thanks for the reply you front wheel in the air xt biker wizards. ha ha. I live in basildon, time is running out for me as far as bike rides is concerned. I like it warm and dry, call me an old git but i would rather not risk going out in the wet. Had a few scares, particully on roundabouts. WHAT i would like is to meet up and go on maybe the cafe run, or the laindon to harwich bike run, or the spill run when the weather picks up. My bruv will join us if ok, he got my hornet, thanks again,
Lady P
Likes It Pink
Likes It Pink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 14:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will give you a shout when the weather improves as I am the same dont like getting cold and wet when I can use the cage....

Manami Akimoto
xtfreak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 18:51 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

thanks lady p , look forward to it
malcytull
PW-50 Rider
PW-50 Rider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 18:16 pm    Post subject: Re: matter Reply with quote

xtfreak wrote:
hi er, please tell me i have this problem when i change down through the gears on approuch to roundabouts. it can be abit tricky bumpin it half way round a roundabout as you can imagine,, but im the 2nd owner on an 04xtx does this matter or can i still get it sorted by yamaha dealer. thanks for any replys

I am the second owner of an 05 XTX & had similar problems, I wrote a nice letter to the manager at Yamaha & he confirms my bike hasn't had the recall work done yet, he sent me a letter to take to my nearest dealer that will carry out the work (David Jones, Newtown, Powys, 63miles away) for me, spoke to them yesterday & they are getting the part in.
I'll keep you posted as to the difference it makes, I might look into the Power Commander system yet, we'll see.
malcytull
PW-50 Rider
PW-50 Rider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 23:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the tps done & the throttle feels like it is now connected on a one to one ratio with the engine, before, it felt like sometimes you had to give it quite a bit to maintain 70 ish & other times it would fly along on a light throttle opening.
It hasn't cured the snatchyness at 45 in top gear though, I still have to change down one to pull away at 45 & into top at 55 & all is well.
My old XT 500 from the 80s would pull smoothly from 1500 rpm. Oh well, modern technology I suppose, my XTX is 160cc bigger but is almost twice the horse-power Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yam-XT.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: