Bennetts Insurance
Yam-XT.com Forum Index
Yam-XT.com
Yamaha XT660 Forum

AlbumAlbum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems logging in? Send an Email to Admin@Yam-XT.com stating your username and any error message that you get. Thanks

oil
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 23:24 pm    Post subject: Oil Reply with quote

Hi everyone

I have been reading all the posts about people having problem about checking the oil level, I have the same problem. when I bought my bike I am almost sure I had no problem checking it.
Then after my first service.. was when I start having my oil checking problem (it is not supposed to be difficult if you follow the book)

Anyway After me chucking in 1.5L of oil yes 1.5L bells start rigging, I phoned the dealer and they told me I probably overfilled it, So I took my bike back And they said they would sort it out, anyway As they where busy checking it out I got bored and went to the workshop to ask What is going on,
so they told me they are going to drain all the oil as they have no clue how much oil I put in. I then ask to keep the oil to measure it to see how much was in.
After 15min I went back to ask how much oil they took out, he went back to check and replied OOO sorry they already chucked it, but I did overfill it! Anyway me taking there word they charged me 50 for a crappy oil change and now I am back struggling to check my oil, And I am to scared to put in more oil, As they say I could damage my seal by putting to much oil in.

If anyone has any advise, I would appreciate it
Sparks

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 19:46 pm    Post subject: Oil consumption Reply with quote

Can anyone help with oil consumption problems

I have a problem, my XT using about all my oil after a 1000 miles, I have been taken my bike to to dealer for the year and can't find the problem.

Next they want to strip the engin, I am warried as the warrenty might run out soon.

There is no smoke coming out the back and I have oil residue inside by the air filter chaimber

Hope someone can help

Cheers sparks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yam-XT.com Forum Index -> Engine All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: