Bennetts Insurance
Yam-XT.com Forum Index
Yam-XT.com
Yamaha XT660 Forum

AlbumAlbum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems logging in? Send an Email to Admin@Yam-XT.com stating your username and any error message that you get. Thanks

CLUTCH LEVER

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FALCON

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 21:52 pm    Post subject: CLUTCH LEVER Reply with quote

Gave my XTX some TLC on Tuesday cleaned and polished every inch(posted a snap in the album). I then went to start her up for a quick spin but she wouldn't start. Figured i had been probably pulled a wire out or something as she was dead as a door nail. Kicked the side stand down and got off and watched with terror as she slipped forward off the stand. When i could bare to look at the damage I seem to have got away lightly. The end cap on the bars is badly scuffed (i that's what its designed for), but my clutch lever snapped in half ! The worst part of this was (don't know why I'm admitting this) when i looked down at my poor bike i saw the reason it wouldn't start. I HAD KNOCKED THE F*****G KILL SWITCH TO OFF ON THE BARS Embarassed Anybody got a spare clutch lever?[/img]
matt_not_andrew
XT-125 Rider
XT-125 Rider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry mate, not got a spare.

Number of times I've been caught out with something silly like this.

Went to bump start my DRZ after working on it, pushed it 1/2 a mile away from my estate (loud exhaust) only to find I had forgotten to put the gear lever back!!!

Ever thought of getting some handguards?
mickyboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 16:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have all done this at one time.Not many of us have the balls to say we forgot the kill switch.
Embarassed
Lady P
Likes It Pink
Likes It Pink

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 21:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have done it too and it was in a full carpark of bikes, everyone notices when your bike doesnt start and people try to help, obviously they think I have checked the kill switch.... But no I hadn't Embarassed

Manami Akimoto
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Adventure boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 18:38 pm    Post subject: Clutch lever Reply with quote

Falcon happens to us all one time or another clutch levers on ebay 8.00 could have been worse !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yam-XT.com Forum Index -> Mechanical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: