Bennetts Insurance
Yam-XT.com Forum Index
Yam-XT.com
Yamaha XT660 Forum

AlbumAlbum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems logging in? Send an Email to Admin@Yam-XT.com stating your username and any error message that you get. Thanks

Engine Rebuild

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Butcheroony
PW-50 Rider
PW-50 Rider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 15:22 pm    Post subject: Engine Rebuild Reply with quote

Hi all,

haven't been here in ages and only just got my bike back. Had to have a bottom end rebuild after a unknown fault lead to oil starvation and basically killing the engine. Had just done over 12,000miles.

But that is not why I am here, after doing my 500miles easy riding run in I can onto a roundabout yesterday and as usual coming down the gears to fast stalled the engine, so clutch in starter and nothing all I could hear was the fly wheel turning. Pushed the bike to the kerb phoned the bloke who rebuilt the engine Very Happy , and he picked me up and had a look.

IMPORTANT BIT: There are 3 bolts holding the AC Magneto rotar onto the starter cluch/ fly wheel and these all sheared. He has never seen anything like this and nor had I. What we worked out is that there is a possible design flaw with both the rotar and starter clutch being threaded and the possibility of when bolting the pair together the might not fit flush to each other.

Well whats done is done, back on the road and popping as normal, but if the casing is ever off on your engine have a little peak the magneto & starter clutch just slide off the end of the crank Big Devil
FostersMonster
XT-125 Rider
XT-125 Rider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 18:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting thanks for info, and glad you got it sorted
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yam-XT.com Forum Index -> Mechanical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: