Bennetts Insurance
Yam-XT.com Forum Index
Yam-XT.com
Yamaha XT660 Forum

AlbumAlbum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems logging in? Send an Email to Admin@Yam-XT.com stating your username and any error message that you get. Thanks

luggage
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yam-XT.com Forum Index -> Products and reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 0:15 am    Post subject: luggage Reply with quote

hello
I'm of to Scotland in summer on my XTR and need some luggage but don't want to spend wads of cash or drape throw overs on my exhausts or have to carry a ruck sack any body got and ideas
cheers
Jim
Lady P
Likes It Pink
Likes It Pink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jim, good to see someone else in the UK has the R. I went to the South of France on mine last year and I had an Oxford tail pack and a Givi box. There was plenty of room even for a woman. The Givi box and rack were from Givi and not Yamaha ones that Givi fit on to. The Oxford tail pack you can get from Hein Gerrick and places like that but its worth popping on Ebay to have a look what they have on there.....

Manami Akimoto
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lady P
Likes It Pink
Likes It Pink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Jim I should have asked yesterday, where abouts in N.Lincs are you from as you could always borrow my Oxford tail pack... I am afraid my box is always being used but the tail pack is free for the rest of the year if you are interested. Give me a shout if you would like the use of it....

Manami Akimoto
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chewbacca

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have also got this problem and have been looking at the ventura system of luggage and racks. heard good reports of them.

lady p did your tailpack and topbox fit together ok, i presume the tailpack sat on the seat behind.

I also have been thinking about a tankbag but these seem difficult to find, only really need one for the see-through map pocket, that tank is an awkward shape.

cheers

btw off to germany for the motogp in july so cant wait.
Lady P
Likes It Pink
Likes It Pink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Chewbacca, no my tail pack as you rightly say fixed onto the seat where the pillion sat, which I must say was very comfortable as you can lean on it and then that rested against the top box. As long as you dont have anything awkward shaped in the front of the tail pack its quite a comfortable riding position for long journeys...

Manami Akimoto
Hax

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baglux do a harness for their tank bags.
I've one on my zx9 along with the Ventura kit and I've only good reports on both products.
I haven't done anything as yet for the XT myself.
Lady P
Likes It Pink
Likes It Pink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buster phoned me earlier today and he has luggage that can either go on the seat or over the exhausts and he recommends them. He said he will post some pics later as he is at work at the moment. So watch this space for a good looking fireman from daawn saaauf

Manami Akimoto
Jim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 23:28 pm    Post subject: luggage Reply with quote

Hi thanks for the idea's
and thanks lady p for the offer of the loan of the tail pack, but your Givi Box and Tail pack gave me an idea i do have a small givi box set up on the bike, i've also got a 30 ltr barrell tote bag made by 2 wheels. I think the combination of the two should be more than enough without having to worry about panniers. I live in Sunny Scunny (Scunthorpe) (ok u lot no jokes ive heard them all). is any body going to the BMF in may mabee we could all get together. Lady p how did you find the trip to france on the XT, the most i've done in a day is about 300 miles still wondering if i can crack 1200 miles in 5 days. Chewbacca if you look on www.touratech.de they do a Tank bag for the XT but its not cheap but it looks a nice bit of kit
thanks again for the idea's
Cheers
Jim
chewbacca

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

should be going bmf in may. hoping to pickup a few goodies for the xt. be nice if i can get a tankbag at a good price. I shall need some good luggage to get all the bargains back, in previous years ive had things strapped al over the bike for the journey back.

weather is usually a pain in the b*m, its either red hot or lashing down and cold, a meet could be a good idea.
coolerking
PW-50 Rider
PW-50 Rider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim- 1200 miles in 5 days is no big problem, did it last year to Brittany and back, it's just the duel carriageways that are a bit painful (mentally and physically) but no worse than doing it on a sports bike. stay off them as much as possible and you'll crack it easy.
Lady P
Likes It Pink
Likes It Pink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim I believe we did about 700 miles in a day there and obviously the same back again. The only suggestion I do have is to have the seat repadded. Ben had problems after a few hours with a numb bum but I had no such problems. The bike handles the pace very well but do keep your eye on your oil, it likes to use it on good long runs....

Manami Akimoto
Lady P
Likes It Pink
Likes It Pink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and before you say anything anyone Ben has a phatter a*s than me!!!!!!!!!!!

Manami Akimoto
coolerking
PW-50 Rider
PW-50 Rider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 13:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say something but i think i'll put it in the suggestions section
Lady P
Likes It Pink
Likes It Pink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 13:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a fantastic idea coolerking, exactly the reasons we have a suggestion area is for your suggestions (better not be a comment about the size of my a*s!!!)

Manami Akimoto
coolerking
PW-50 Rider
PW-50 Rider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 14:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh........ok silence is golden
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yam-XT.com Forum Index -> Products and reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: