Bennetts Insurance
Yam-XT.com Forum Index
Yam-XT.com
Yamaha XT660 Forum

AlbumAlbum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems logging in? Send an Email to Admin@Yam-XT.com stating your username and any error message that you get. Thanks

My total fix up!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gravel Girl

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 13:04 pm    Post subject: My total fix up!! Reply with quote

Hi all its time for an update on my bike situation.....

I talked with the mechanic last week and he assumed it would take 2 weeks before my bike is up and running again. Thatís not so bad. I had imagined something like 1-2 months!!! Gebus Christ!

I got some new parts for it the day after the crash, a mudguard, handle bar risers and off-road foot pins! Good timing Very Happy

I'm so exited to see it when it's finished. Can't wait to put on the new gear.

Some of you might ask whats to learn from this?? Well I've thought about it and I think that I have to learn to say stop when I can see its over my limit. My boyfriend is a much better driver than I am. And I have to realise, that I can't follow him on all roads Embarassed Maybee soon but not now.... I just have to practice practice and then some Smile
Thumper
Spam Queen
Spam Queen

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 13:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad your bikes on the road to recovery GG.

You take things at your own pace. My flatmate (Matt on here) is quick on his XTX and rides like a posessed demon at times! I have no intention of trying to keep up with him. I like my XT to shine and not have massive dents in it!
Theo
XT-660 Rider
XT-660 Rider

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 18:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish that your mechanic finishes it sooner.....

Btw what r the damages , GG??
Gravel Girl

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 18:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh theo theo

I don't know the total list yet.... Been thinking about asking for it when I get the bike!!

But this I know: New parts of, front forks, front rim, break and cluch handle - cluch housing - gear housing - back fairing and tank!!!

Thats not that bad or what???? He might have found a lot of other stuff as well. Cause the insurance guy called me to talk about the costs and such... He told me that the costs exceeded 70% of the new price... WOW Shocked So if there was any -05 models at the Swedish market I would have got one of those but theire sold out! So We came to an agreement with the repair guy on the side... So now I get my bike back. Totaly renovated... Smile
Still have to lay down some money though!

Thanks wishing my bike back on the road a bit sooner. But I think its ok I have to wait a While for it Wink
biggus
Forum Nerd
Forum Nerd

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 18:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that's a lot of damage Shocked

Glad the bike is taking shape again Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all I'm back with more news on my bike!

When I last talked with the insurance guy he told me that there wasn't any -05 in black left in Sweden, so we had to fix it. But then yesterday my boyfriend mailed me a link to a brand new bike just like mine. So I called him once again...... And one hour later he phoned me back to tell me that he had bough a new bike for me and the old one would be scrapped. Waaaahhuuuuu. Okay this was the very short version of the real story, so it might seem a bit to easy. And you know what, the insurance guy is the first and only one Iíve met that actually understands his customer and is willing to help as much as he can. Iím stunned Very Happy

Do ya think I was Glad????? You bet ya. I wasn't looking forward to have a bike back that's been nearly demolished...
I'm going to pick it up tomorrow at a Yamaha centre.
I'm flying on a little pink cloud.

Okay I must admit I have some mixed feelings about scrapping my ďold ď bike. We had been through some rough things together. But maybe thatís just how itís supposed to be. Not getting emotionally attached to your bikeÖ Naah not possible Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yam-XT.com Forum Index -> Mechanical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: