Bennetts Insurance
Yam-XT.com Forum Index
Yam-XT.com
Yamaha XT660 Forum

AlbumAlbum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems logging in? Send an Email to Admin@Yam-XT.com stating your username and any error message that you get. Thanks

Dropped my bike on friday but I'm still smiling!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt_not_andrew
XT-125 Rider
XT-125 Rider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Dropped my bike on friday but I'm still smiling! Reply with quote

I took the XT on a ride out on friday with some friends form the TRF.
There were 2 KTM EXC 400's, 1 EXC 250, 1 Honda CRF 250 and 1 Yam WR250. I think the XT weighed the same as two of the 250's combined!
We spent the day riding around the byways and trails of Northampton, Daventry and Southam. Most of the sections were gravel or grassy with some shallow water parts to make things difficult.
On the whole I managed to keep up with the more experienced guys on lighter machines. We covered about 130 miles, about 60 were off road.

The most memorable part of the day was getting my tyres crossed over a couple of ruts. I dropped the bike (if front of the rest of the group - why do silly things always happen in full view of your mates!) and bent a few things: namely the handlebars, Yam hand guards, front brake lever and rear brake lever. NOTE that nothing broke! 20mph, me over the handlebars and nothing broke (not even my shoulder which took the brunt of the impact).

Overall, the day went well. All I need to do now is get a replacement front lever and a set of bars. Can anyone confirm who makes a set of bars for the XT that fits off the shelf? I like the look of the Renthal bars but their website says they don't fit?
Lady P
Likes It Pink
Likes It Pink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 16:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad luck with the off's, if you want genuine give me a shout and I will get some discount for you.......

Manami Akimoto
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
matt_not_andrew
XT-125 Rider
XT-125 Rider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 18:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lady P - do you have connections to Yamaha? What else can you get at discount?

The guys in the TRF suggested I go with a stonger handlebar like Magura or Renthal but I could be tempted with some Original Yamaha levers. I looked at the ones that bend up and down but for the price I may as well stick to the stock Yamaha ones and carry my bent one as a spare.

Let me know what you can get and I'll get the cheque book out.
Lady P
Likes It Pink
Likes It Pink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 21:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work at a Yamaha main dealer.... Let me know what you would like.. Laughing

Manami Akimoto
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
matt_not_andrew
XT-125 Rider
XT-125 Rider

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked ohh....so much I want yet so much I can't afford.

I'm definately after some spare clutch and brake levers. Let me wait till pay day and I'm PM you. Thanks. Very Happy

I'm actually starting to get used to riding with bent bars now!
Lady P
Likes It Pink
Likes It Pink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 21:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt said that too..... Laughing

Manami Akimoto
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yam-XT.com Forum Index -> Chassis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: