Bennetts Insurance
Yam-XT.com Forum Index
Yam-XT.com
Yamaha XT660 Forum

AlbumAlbum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems logging in? Send an Email to Admin@Yam-XT.com stating your username and any error message that you get. Thanks

recall quiry.help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xtfreak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: recall quiry.help Reply with quote

Ive called the previos owner of my xtx 04 model to see if he had a recall letter sent to him regarding my bike and got no reply.
Can i simply ride my bike to my yammy dealer and have him check it over, (doutful) or do i have to wait for a letter to be sent to me from the manufacturer, if my bike relavant numbers fall into the recal bracket, if you no what i mean?
My bike is standard, done 6700 miles done the servicing on time, but cuts out quite often, been reading about throttle sencor thingy and tps thingy, what do you recon people?
Do these changes make a real differance and is it worth the aggro?
Also, am i right in saying that im going to have to pay for these warrantable falures if this is the case. thanks
Lady P
Likes It Pink
Likes It Pink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an import bike and Yamaha Uk were willing to do the warranty work on my bike, I would if I were you take your bike to your local Yamaha Dealer and explain your bike is second hand and the guy that sold you the bike isnt interested in helping you with the letter. They will check up the numbers for you that are affected by the recall and a simple call to Yam Uk will get your bike through, if they start being silly and arsey about trying to help you send me a pm and I will get it sorted for you..... Laughing

Manami Akimoto
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TarmacTerrorist
PW-50 Rider
PW-50 Rider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 15:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, when I got mine done the other week all I was asked for was the frame number of my bike by the Yamaha dealer, they didn't ask for the letter. The recall should be done if your model is effected...
xtfreak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 23:45 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

thanks for that lady p and TT, i hope it does work out that they help me, although i took my bike there once already and didnt seem keen on making a call on my behalf. They said they wouldnt get there money from yam uk unless i had that all important recall letter.
I was surprized that they didnt seem concerned about my safety.
I will give it a go again, only be abit more persistant.
If not ill let you no lady p and perhaps you can get your magic wond out.
Thanks again
Theo
XT-660 Rider
XT-660 Rider

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 14:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the TPS recall is pan european !!

THE MUST CHECK YOUR FRAME NUMBER AND IF YOU ARE IN THE LIST THE MUST REPLACE IT WITH THE NEW ONE!!!

nothing more , nothing less

the recall is about several yamaha bikes (R1 - fz1 - r6 - xt660 - tdm900)
mitchr6

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, i own an 04 model and have seen that you guys have a current recall for the tps. My bike occasionally cuts out changing from 3rd to 2nd. Yamaha australia do have that current recall here for all the bikes except for the xtx660.

i was wondering if any of you have a link to a european recall site so that i can email it to yamaha australia and ask why the xtx is not on ours.

Thanks
black dog
XT-550 Rider
XT-550 Rider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 13:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the dealer when I bought mine, YamUK will cover the recall issues no matter what - that's the ECU mod and the TPS problem. He said my bike didn't need the ECU mod as the frame number fell outside the specified range, but that I would soon find out because DVLA would warn me when I requested change of ownership if the recall was indicated. Apparently, safety-critical recalls are notified to DVLA who will act as a second string to the manufacturers when getting the word out to customers.

I would have thought any dealer would be willing to do the recall work. After all, all they have to do is supply the frame number to Yamaha for them to be reimbursed - it's nothing to do with where you bought it or who owned it before you. It is a safety issue. If the dealer is unwilling, I suspect he's just being arsey, and a letter to Yamaha UK might be a good idea.
Lady P
Likes It Pink
Likes It Pink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 17:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very good idea, what a plonker, it is all reimbursed to them anyway the amount of time they spend doing the TPS or the ECU, sometimes Yamaha really pisses me off......

Manami Akimoto
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yam-XT.com Forum Index -> Mechanical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: