Bennetts Insurance
Yam-XT.com Forum Index
Yam-XT.com
Yamaha XT660 Forum

AlbumAlbum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems logging in? Send an Email to Admin@Yam-XT.com stating your username and any error message that you get. Thanks

Boots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yam-XT.com Forum Index -> Products and reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Butcheroony
PW-50 Rider
PW-50 Rider

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 22:13 pm    Post subject: Boots Reply with quote

What I need to ask and I can't see where else to ask Is are Supermoto boots any different from moto cross boots. I can't ride in my old Oxtar superbike boots as they don't feel right. But I ride in an old pair of Rockport boot which support my ankle and lower leg but don't make them anymore.

How much more flexible are supermoto boots from crosser boots is the main question? I dont want to spend a good sum of money to end up with a pair of boots I can't ride in. Thumbs Up
xtfreak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: alpines ok Reply with quote

Alpinestars are a nice smart boot, tough but ok when you change gear, you can fell the lever under your big toe, I LIIIKE,
Priced ok at 130.00, U LIIIKE. (borat style)
nobby
YZ-250 Rider
YZ-250 Rider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres no difference between SM & MX boots apart from the sole.SM boots either have a removable/replacable sole or sole segments Wink
Lady P
Likes It Pink
Likes It Pink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Alpinestars D6's I got them for 210.00 and they are fab boots, the only thing is you have to change your style of riding and dont be shocked how many times you lock the back wheel up as you cant feel the gear lever or brake lever under your boots... I love them though.... Cool

Manami Akimoto
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Butcheroony
PW-50 Rider
PW-50 Rider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 15:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just brought a pair of Berik crosser boots for 129. NIce build and quite comfortable. But can't change gear in them at the moment as I can't seem to get my foot between the gear lever and foot peg, am thinking of adjusting the level up a bit. Is this common or am I overlooking something ?
Lady P
Likes It Pink
Likes It Pink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 16:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope thats exactly what I had to do, just move your gear lever slightly, really easy to do and to be honest if you go back to "normal" boots you may get used to the distance and if you are like me you don't need to move the gear lever back, just be careful tho when you are changing gear, instead of flicking your toes up to go up the g/box you will have to physically move your foot up until you get used to your boots or they brake in a bit....Let us know how you get on.... Laughing

Manami Akimoto
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yam-XT.com Forum Index -> Products and reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: